This is the place to explore all aspects of Utah's Craft Brewing scene.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

just want to introduce myself

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
edmanster

PostSubject: just want to introduce myself   Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:30 pm

hi all... my name is ed, born and raised here behind the utah curtian. ive been brewing for a couple years.. limited with my set-up to extract and partial mashes(mini-mash) but have done a couple all grain batches too.. would like to get more involved with the brewing comunity but with 4 young girls and SWMBO i dont get out all to often.. like the site and would love to get to know the utah brew comunity..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: just want to introduce myself   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:35 pm

Hey, Ed. Welcome. If you've read any of the threads you can tell there ate a lot of talented homebrewers lurking about. I think you'll find a great willingness to share. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://utahbeer.forumotions.net
rickyhansing

PostSubject: Re: just want to introduce myself   Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:08 am

Hi Ed,

Pleased to meet you, I'm Ricky. Like Mike said, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I think pretty much all of us on this board brews pretty often, several in a commercial setting. Talk to you later.

---Ricky H.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://foxdragonkiwi@blogspot.com
Ed

PostSubject: Re: just want to introduce myself   Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Hey man, cool to see you on here.

I never did get to try any of your 2-liter of homebrew a few weeks ago -- Sasquatch's party ran a little past my bedtime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edmanster

PostSubject: Re: just want to introduce myself   Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:16 pm

yay i know someone.. ed i got you on FB so we'll need to get together.. the AG kiltlifter clone is clearing up now and gonna get it into a keg to condition for a few weeks.. should be a good one even with my limited set-up spiking the gravity just to water it down a little :'(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed

PostSubject: Re: just want to introduce myself   Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Sounds good... I'll trade you for some Irish Red -- which may or may not be any good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JRL

PostSubject: Re: just want to introduce myself   Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Hello and welcome. I am new here also and have just started brewing. Going to get going into all grain as soon as I get my set up done. Right now just extracts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob

PostSubject: Kiltlifter   Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi,
I just found this blog. I have been brewing AG for about 5 years. would brew everyday if I could Laughing
but family keeps me running, so brews tend to be in the middle of the night.

couldn't help notice the Kiltlifter comment, Kiltlifter is one of my favorite beers. where did you get the recipe. can you send me a link?
how did it turn out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
edmanster

PostSubject: Re: just want to introduce myself   Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:10 pm

@ed.. need some sober feedback of the brew from last nite.. your red was awesome.. would love to try it again but with a fresh not soooo drunk pallet...lol

@bob... it turned out not bad. a little heavy on the smokey side and not enough whisky.. it was my own recipe that was based off a wee heavy so i could boost the first runnings just to water it down because i cant do a full boil right now.. i used special roast other than ranch or peeted and sum black for depth.. didnt think to parti gyle this batch because i need to get a little better at bittering.. im planning on doing a cream of thee crops cream ale that i want to parti gyle because i can see that going realy fast in the summer with me... i want to do some skeeter pee also for summer but still dont know about the lemon thing.. herd it can stall very easy..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed

PostSubject: Re: just want to introduce myself   Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:37 am

So it's probably been a few years since I've had Kiltlifter, and my experience with commercial Scottish Ales is limited -- So I'm no expert on "style appropriateness". But, your beer is really tasty; has a nice balance of different malt flavors, which is usually what I'm looking for in styles from that part of the world (i.e. that Irish Red I brought -- which needs work, but it's getting close).

I'm glad I tasted your beers right after I got to the party; my memory is a little hazy after that Wink I have a bottle or two of red with your name on them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just want to introduce myself   

Back to top Go down

just want to introduce myself
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1